What is the history of Nagpur?
History of Nagpur dates back to the 18th century when Bhakt Buland created this city with his Gond tribesmen. The city was later ruled by the Maratha dynasty of the Bhonsle for many years by various rulers of their kingdom and finally went into the hands of the British in the end of 18th century. After India’s independence from British, Nagpur was the capital of Central Provinces and Berar. Later on linguistic basis, Nagpur became a part
Why is heritage education important?
- It completes are understanding of who and what we are
- It contributes to overall human development
- It adds an exciting dimension to the learning in the classroom
- It encourages artistic potential
- It makes us want to care for the past so as to create a better future
What can we learn from our heritage?
- Science and environment studies
- Social studies
Ways to learn about heritage?
- Scale / building documentation
- Photo documentation
- Detail study of spaces
- Detail study of architecture features
- Detail study of elements and principles of design
- Detail study of materials
- Detail study of building services